It’s pretty easy to put together a lesson on the dos and don’ts of interviewing for a job: Say this, don’t say that, dress appropriately, research the company…the list goes on. If you’re looking for stories, statistics, or trivia to enliven your class discussion of the job interview, here are a few articles, courtesy of my Zite app and Twitter feed, that you may find interesting.
- 10 Hard Truths about Getting Hired That You Don’t Want to Believe
- Survey: 1 in 3 Women Remove Their Wedding Rings at Work, During Job Interviews
- If You Want to Work for Amazon, You Better Be Able to Answer These Questions
- The (Surprising!) Day of the Week You Should Apply for a Job
- Would You Bring a Parent to a Job Interview?
- What an Almost Five-Year-Old Can Teach Job Seekers about Interviewing
- New Survey Reveals Job Interview Stats: 48 Percent of Employers Google Candidates
- Best Ways to Prepare Now to Land a Job in 2014
- Drinking, Crying, and Other Less Obvious Ways to Tank a Job Interview
- An Unexpected Use for Motivational Quotes? Ace Your Next Job Interview
On another note…Are any of you going to the Association for Business Communication conference in New Orleans this week? If so, look us up. We would enjoy seeing you.